Weapons safety is a priority at Team One Network. We generally assume that people who attend our training have handled weapons before – but we are never too careful.
Even with an experienced group of shooters we still remind every one of our expectations to perform a six-step procedure for rendering a weapon safe.
Six-step procedure for rendering a weapon safe:
- Point your firearm in a safe direction – one where an unintentional discharge will cause NO HUMAN INJURY and, at most, minor property damage (Yes, that’s the Laser Rule again).
- Keep your finger off the trigger and outside the trigger guard at all times throughout the clearing/unloading process.
- Place the SAFETY ON. (If Applicable)
- Remove the magazine.
- Cycle the action several times then lock the bolt or slide to the rear.
- Visually and physically inspect the chamber to confirm the firearm is unloaded