Defensive Pistol Techniques – Level I
This course is designed to merge combative handgun techniques with everyday carry and concealment of the personal handgun. The course combines classroom and range time to give the student a solid understanding of what is needed to deploy the combative handgun from a covering garment.
- Discuss legal issues of concealed carry
- Apply Firearms Safety Rules
- Discuss Ballistics – Internal, External, and Terminal Cycle of Functioning
- Apply fundamentals of shooting – 7 Fundamentals, Different Trigger Systems, Action
- Draw pistol from multiple positions and shooting positions
- Load and Unload firearms safely and with confidence
- Define the difference between cover and concealment and use them apropriately
- Clear stoppages and perform tactical reloads
- Engage multiple targets and perform, “failure drills”
- Apply discretion using Shoot-No Shoot training
- Practice relative positioning
Duration: 4-5 hours
Ammunition: 100 rounds $50.00
Equipment Required: Pistol and holster. Participants should come prepared to train in all weather conditions and should bring a hydration system or water bottle. Wraparound eye protection, ear protection, and brimmed hats will be worn during all live fire training. Participants should wear clothing suitable for training, but similar to garments worn while daily. Participants should bring their “Everyday Carry (EDC)”.