Police 1911 Pistol
This is for the Police Officer who carries a 1911 single action pistol. The course involves both classroom and range time for a complete understanding of the capabilities of the 1911 pistol and sound techniques for its use.
- Practice pistol safety and handling with the 1911 pistol
- Field strip and perform operator level maintenance on the 1911 pistol
- Select ammunition, lights, and holsters for the 1911 pistol
- Accurately use a pistol to engage targets in Low Light conditions
- Accurately use a pistol to engage multiple targets
- Accurately use a pistol to engage moving targets and shoot while moving
- Perform tactical reloads and stoppage drills
- Perform weapons retention techniques
- Efficiently draw and fire the pistol
- Practice support hand shooting techniques
Duration: 3-Days (24-Hours)
Ammunition: 1,000 rounds
Equipment Required: 1911 Pistol with three magazines, duty belt (or tactical vest) with all issued gear, body armor, flashlight and handcuffs with key. Participants should come prepared to train in all weather conditions and should bring a hydration system or water bottle. Wraparound eye protection, ear protection, and brimmed hats will be worn during all live fire training. Participants should wear clothing suitable for training, but similar to garments worn while working.
Host this course at your location
Team One Network brings the training to you. If you don’t see a course near you please consider hosting one. Click here to learn more.