Tactical Shotgun Operator
The shotgun is one of the most effective and versatile tools available to the police officer. This course will give police officers the skills necessary to effectively operate a tactical shotgun in all types of situations that will maximize the use of this weapon. The course includes both classroom and live-fire range time.
- Field stripping and basic maintenance
- Practice shotgun safety and handling
- Accurately use a shotgun to engage targets in Low Light conditions
- Accurately use a shotgun to engage multiple targets
- Accurately use a shotgun to engage moving targets and shoot while moving
- Perform tactical reloads and stoppage drills
- Perform weapons retention techniques
- Select appropriate ammunition for tactical operations
- Discuss and practice patterning
- Use and handling of a shotgun during subject control and active countermeasures
Duration: 2-Days (24-Hours)
Ammunition: 200 Rounds 00 Buck, 200 Rounds Skeet, 50 Rounds Slug, 50 Rounds Pistol
Equipment Required: Shotgun, Pistol, duty belt (or tactical vest) with all issued gear, body armor, flashlight and handcuffs with key. Participants should come prepared to train in all weather conditions and should bring a hydration system or water bottle. Wraparound eye protection, ear protection, and brimmed hats will be worn during all live fire training. Participants should wear clothing suitable for training, but similar to garments worn while working.