Patrol Rifle Instructor
This course is intended for senior personnel who train officers in the use of rifles and carbines. Students will be able to develop critical skills needed in both fundamental and advanced teaching techniques. Instruction will include both classroom and range time.
- Review responsibilities of firearms instructors
- Review course and target design and selection
- Develop an agency patrol rifle program
- Develop a realistic patrol rifle training program
- Train others on safety rules and equipment
- Train others on low light/laser techniques
- Train others to integrate optics
- Train others to shoot under various conditions
- Train others to fire on the move at moving targets
- Train others using Relative Position Drills
- Train others using Force-on-Force Munitions
- Train others on Patrol Rifle handling during subject control
Duration: 5-Days (40-Hours)
Ammunition: 750 Rounds of Rifle and 50 Rounds of Pistol
Equipment Required: Pistol and Patrol Rifle with three magazines each. Duty belt (or tactical vest) with all issued gear, body armor, flashlight and handcuffs with key. Participants should come prepared to train in all weather conditions and should bring a hydration system or water bottle. Wraparound eye protection, ear protection, and brimmed hats will be worn during all live fire training. Participants should wear clothing suitable for training, but similar to garments worn while working.
Host this course at your location
Team One Network brings the training to you. If you don’t see a course near you please consider hosting one. Click here to learn more.