Tactical Pistol Instructor
Because the pistol remains the primary firearm for police work, this course focuses on the development of practical, close-quarters shooting skills that can save officers’ lives in real-world situations. Emphasis is placed on improving basic shooting skills through range sessions, then using these new-found abilities in high-energy, close-quarters, live fire exercises.
- Review responsibilities of firearms instructors
- Review course and target design and selection
- Develop a realistic pistol training program
- Train others on safety rules and equipment
- Train others on low light/laser techniques
- Train others to integrate optics
- Train others to shoot under various conditions
- Train others to fire on the move at moving targets
- Train others using Relative Position Drills
- Train others using Force-on-Force Munitions
- Prepare for Non Standard Response
Duration: 5-Days (40-Hours)
Ammunition: 1,000 Rounds
Equipment Required: Pistol with three magazines each. Duty belt (or tactical vest) with all issued gear, body armor, flashlight and handcuffs with key. Participants should come prepared to train in all weather conditions and should bring a hydration system or water bottle. Wraparound eye protection, ear protection, and brimmed hats will be worn during all live fire training. Participants should wear clothing suitable for training, but similar to garments worn while working.
Host this course at your location
Team One Network brings the training to you. If you don’t see a course near you please consider hosting one. Click here to learn more.