Tactical Shotgun Instructor
The shotgun is one of the most effective and versatile tools available to the police officer. This course will give police firearms instructors the teaching skills necessary to develop and run tactical shotgun programs that will maximize the use of this weapon. The course includes both classroom and live-fire range time.
- Review responsibilities of firearms instructors
- Review course and target design and selection
- Develop an agency shotgun program
- Develop a realistic shotgun training program
- Train others on safety rules and equipment
- Train others on low light/laser techniques
- Train others to integrate optics
- Train others to shoot under various conditions
- Train others to fire on the move at moving targets
- Train others using Relative Position Drills
- Train others to select appropriate ammunition for tactical operations
- Train others on patterning
- Train others on Shotgun handling during subject control
Duration: 5-Days (40-Hours)
Ammunition: 200 Rounds 00 Buck, 200 Rounds Birdshot, 25 Rounds Slug, 50 Rounds Pistol
Equipment Required: Shotgun with pouch for 10-rounds and Pistol with two magazines, duty belt (or tactical vest) with all issued gear, body armor, flashlight and handcuffs with key. Participants should come prepared to train in all weather conditions and should bring a hydration system or water bottle. Wraparound eye protection, ear protection, and brimmed hats will be worn during all live fire training. Participants should wear clothing suitable for training, but similar to garments worn while working.
Host this course at your location
Team One Network brings the training to you. If you don’t see a course near you please consider hosting one. Click here to learn more.