After Action Review (AAR) Facilitator
Hotwashes and Debriefs That Work
People will get more out of an effectively conducted after-action review (AAR) than the experience itself. An AAR is a professional discussion of a training or operational event that focuses on identifying what happened, why it happened and ways to improve. They provide us an opportunity to contextualize an experience and facilitate learning. Without them participants will learn, but do they learn what the organization needs them to?
AARs give us the ability to leverage the way an individual experiences an event to enhance the learning for that individual and collect lessons learned to improve the organization.
- Facilitate conversations in a manner that activates reflective thinking to develop decision making.
- Effectively facilitate After Actions Reviews that are applicable to law enforcement operations.
- Objectively evaluate (CLEAR) Communication, Legal Authority, Effective Use of Emotional Intelligence, Adaptive Decision Making, and Respect used during law enforcement operations.
- Manage common communication styles that can hinder and improve facilitated conversations.
- Teach others to learn from conflict.
- Capture lessons learned to efficiently integrate AAR outcomes into training and policy.
Duration: 1-Days (8-hours)
Equipment Required: None
Host this course at your location
Team One Network brings the training to you. If you don’t see a course near you please consider hosting one. Click here to learn more.