Correctional Emergency Response Team (CERT®) Instructor
This program is designed to prepare new instructors to implement CERT Tactics for their Correctional Emergency Response Teams. This program will cover the full range of instruction including lecture, demonstration, physical technique training, simulation training, and testing procedures. The emphasis of this program is to get an instructor up to speed to train correctional personnel in special team response to both large and small disturbance emergencies.
- Correctional use-of-force control theory
- American correctional disturbances will be reviewed and debriefed
- Team development, personnel selection, and equipment selection
- STAR tactic: team stabilization strategies
- Cell entry tactics will be developed using soft shields
- Large area multiple inmate disturbances tactics
- Stabilization/handcuffing and the use of special restraints
- Incident documentation procedures
- Use of RedMan® Protective Equipment
Duration: 5-Days (40-Hours)
Equipment Required: Duty belt (or tactical vest) with all issued gear, body armor, flashlight and handcuffs with key. Participants should come prepared to train in all weather conditions and should bring a hydration system or water bottle. Participants should wear clothing suitable for training, but similar to garments worn while working. Participants should also bring a helmet with drop shield, protective equipment, body armor, gas mask and riot shield.
Host this course at your location
Team One Network brings the training to you. If you don’t see a course near you please consider hosting one. Click here to learn more.