Instruction will deal with incorporating the instructors existing techniques and tactics into drills that utilize Tactical Communication, subject control, aerosol sprays, impact weapons, and lethal force up to and including the use of training munitions. The Seven Levels of Simulation will be explored as will be the use of a full range of defensive tactics training tools including training weapons, striking shields, and impact training protective equipment. This course will develop the building blocks to assist instructors in developing the skills necessary to lead to future training scenarios. Using the “isolation exercise” concept, instructors will understand, participate in , and learn how to train their demonstrators in how to cover this crucial middle ground.
Topics that will be covered are:
- Learn the parameters of use & misuse, correct sizing, proper donning, correct use & care, sanitation, equipment repair, and repacking & storage of the RedMan® XP Suit including Climatization Drills
- Learn how to train demonstrators to move in the RedMan® XP Suit, protect themselves from the environment, and how to take blunt force impact during training drills and simulations
- Review RedMan® Product Guide, Warnings & Cautions, and Product DVD to assist the instructor in the proper use of this equipment
- Learn how to use the Seven Levels of Simulation in Shadow Training, Prop Training, Partner Training, Dynamic Movement Training, Relative Positioning Training, Environmental Factors Training, and High Level Simulations
- Learn how to keep your demonstrators and officers safe through Training Injury Liability Management that includes how to evaluate wellness & fitness levels, conduct defensive tactics training at the proper intensity levels for maximum results, and manage, when necessary, training injuries..
- Learn how to use the RedMan® WDS Suits with new WD2 Head for training munitions training using Simunition FX and/or AirSoft weapons
- Learn how to use the RedMan in Isolation Drills designed to maximize training time in preparing officers for future decision making scenario based simulations.
- Use of Polar heart rate monitors
Duration: 3 Days
Equipment Required: Appropriate Instructional clothing and footwear, cloth elbow & knee protection, whistle & lanyard, appropriate duty belt holster, training firearm if available, inert aerosol spray with holder, training baton and holder, and handcuffs, handcuff case, and handcuff key.