New technology has made advancements in optics and electronics. This has led to the popularity of pistol mounted optics in the shooting community. The pistol mounted optic sighting system is one of the most effective tools available due to the sight being super imposed on the target while the target is in full focus of the shooter. Like everything else new to the shooter, pistol mounted optics require new skills to engage targets quickly and effectively.
The course includes both classroom and live-fire range time.
- Understand different types of pistol mounted optics and how to mount them.
- Understand how light effects pistol mounted optics.
- Zero your pistol mounted optic.
- Understand and practice marksmanship fundamentals with a pistol mounted optic.
- Understand “finding the dot” from multiple positions.
- Understand point of aim point of impact from multiple distances.
- Understand drills and training practices to improve your shooting abilities.
- Understand pistol mounted optics malfunctions.
- Understand multiple target engagements.
- Understand shooting and moving.
- Understand single handed/ support side shooting.
Duration: Each class is a 1 day 8-hour program.
- Level I: $300.00
- Level I & II: $550.00
- Level I: 300 rounds
- Level I & II: 1,000 rounds
Requirements: Pistol with optic already mounted, 3 magazines, holster, magazine pouches, wrap around eye protection, ear protection, brimmed hat. Students should be prepared to train in all weather conditions and wear range appropriate attire.
All applicants are required to provide ONE of the following:
Current law enforcement officer credentials.
Active-duty U.S. Military credentials.
Civilian with concealed carry permit/ firearms identification card.
Civilian without concealed carry permit/ firearms identification card: Please complete background check here