After Action Review Facilitator – Lake Worth, FL
January 19 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
People will get more out of an effectively conducted after-action review (AAR) than the experience itself. An AAR is a professional discussion of a training or operational event that focuses on identifying what happened, why it happened and ways to improve. They provide us an opportunity to contextualize an experience and facilitate learning. Without them participants will learn, but do they learn what the organization needs them to?
AARs give us the ability to leverage the way an individual experiences an event to enhance the learning for that individual and collect lessons learned to improve the organization.
- Facilitate conversations in a manner that activates meta-cognition and reflective thinking to develop decision making skills.
- Effectively facilitate After Actions Reviews that are applicable to law enforcement operations.
- Objectively evaluate Communication, Legitimacy, Effective Use of Emotional Intelligence, Adaptive Decision Making, and Respect used during law enforcement operations.
- Manage common communication styles that can hinder and improve facilitated conversations.
- Teach others to learn from conflict.
- Capture lessons learned to efficiently integrate AAR outcomes into training and policy.
Duration: 1 days (8-hours)
Register: Registration for this course is managed by Palm Beach State College. Please contact the host for registration.