- This event has passed.
Benelli Shotgun Instructor Development Workshop – West Palm Beach, FL
This is an instructor development course. Participants must have a current certification as police firearms instructors. The Benelli M-Series, semi-automatic shotgun is one of the most effective and versatile tools available to the police officer. This course will refine the skills of police shotgun instructors to teaching skills necessary to develop and run tactical shotgun programs that will maximize the capabilities of this weapon. The course includes both classroom and live-fire range time.
- Explain cycle of function of Benelli M-Series and NOVA shotguns.
- Train operator maintenance on Benelli M-Series and NOVA.
- Discuss tactical considerations when deploying shotguns
- Explain safety concerns of employing semi-auto tactical shotgun
- Review course development best practices
- Explain instructors’ responsibilities for tactical shotgun training
- Tactical loading and reloading techniques
- Ammunition selection
- Carry methods
- Demonstrate and train Live fire on multiple targets using a semi-auto tactical shotgun
Duration: 1 Day (8-hours)
Ammunition: 100 Rounds 00 Buck, 100 Rounds Birdshot, 15 Rounds Slug, 50 Rounds Pistol
Equipment Required: Benelli Shotgun (M-Series). Wraparound eye protection, ear protection, brimmed hat, pistol with three magazines and holster, duty belt, shotgun and magazine pouches. Ballistic Vest (style of vest the participant is most likely to wear when operating with a shotgun).