- This event has passed.
Force on Force® Instructor – Springfield, IL
Force on Force® Instructor
This course was designed to assist Law Enforcement, and Military personnel with the ability to conduct Use of Force Training utilizing the Force on Force less-lethal training ammunition. This training will prepare instructors to provide safe and realistic training by understanding the correct application of the Force on Force less-lethal cartridge, protective clothing, and helmets. Proper use and installation of available less-lethal conversion kits is also covered.
Attending instructors will learn the appropriate instructional methods for tactical isolation exercises and scenarios in realistic training. Those successfully completing this course will be able to develop Scenario and Isolation Exercise templates, select safe locations conducive to training, utilize the proper safety equipment, train and assign various support personnel, conduct and evaluate the tactical exercises and document the officers performance. Defensible evaluation and debriefing skills will be modeled throughout the course. This is a hands-on tactical training course.
- Employ Seven Levels of Simulation
- Conduct Use of Force training with Force-on-Force® Marking Cartridges
- Identify, explain, and properly use Force on Force less-lethal conversion kits, marking cartridges, protective clothing and helmets
- Design and conduct Isolation Drills and full scenarios.
- Maintain Force-on-Force® Conversion Kits, protective clothing, and helmets
- Train role-players to safely enhance training
- Reduce risk with triple check safety rules
- Select and safely manage temporary training locations
- Supervise and direct reality based training support personnel
- Evaluate tactical exercises and document the performance of officers
- Discuss the use of RedMan® Training Gear with Force-on-Force® Marking Cartridges
Duration: 3-days (20-Hours)
Ammunition: Force-On-Force Ammunition Provided.
Equipment Required: Pistol and a Rifle or Shotgun, duty belt (or tactical vest) with all issued gear, body armor, flashlight and handcuffs with key. Participants should come prepared to train in all weather conditions and should bring a hydration system or water bottle. Wraparound eye protection, ear protection, and brimmed hats will be worn during all live fire training. Participants should wear clothing suitable for training, but similar to garments worn while working. Participants are advised to wear long-sleeve shirts. It is highly recommended that each student provide their own Converted Marking Cartridge Firearm and certified protective gear for force-on-force training. If the participant’s agency is unable to provide this training equipment, the necessary equipment will be provided however the student may not be issued a training weapon similar to their duty weapon.