- This event has passed.
Mechanical Breaching Instructor Course – WAYNE, NJ (Previously Neptune, NJ)
CHANGE: This course location has moved. It will now be conducted in Wayne, NJ.
Topics that will be covered are:
- Types of doors and windows and their construction
- Strike points and tools for various types of doors
- Break and rake techniques for various window types
- Gathering of breaching intelligence
- Identification of various types of locks and barricades
- Selection of primary and secondary entry points
- Practical exercises
Duration: 3 Days
Equipment Required: TRAINING Pistol and a Rifle or Shotgun, duty belt (or tactical vest) with all issued gear, body armor, flashlight and handcuffs with key. Participants should come prepared to train in all weather conditions and should bring a hydration system or water bottle. Wraparound eye protection, ear protection, and brimmed hats, and gloves will be worn during breaching. Participants should wear clothing suitable for training (long sleeves suggested), but similar to garments worn while working.