- This event has passed.
Pistol Mounted Optics Workshop – Girl and A Gun
Pistol Mounted Optics Workshop
New technology has made advancement in optics and electronics. This has led to the popularity of Red Dot Optics in the military, law enforcement, and competition. The Red Dot Optics sighting system is one of the most effective tools available due to the sight being super imposed on the target while the target is in full focus of the shooter. Like everything else new to the shooter, Red Dot optics require some training but not as much as Iron sights on the initial training. Faster and more accurate shots are recorded using Red Dot sights as compared to Iron sights with both rifle and pistol.
- Explain the three different categories of Red Dot Optics: Prismatic, Reflex and Holographic.
- Explain the various mounting options and procedures
- Explain safety concerns of employing Red Dot Optics
- Review course development best practices
- Explain the sighting and co-witnessing procedures
- Discuss reticle sizes and selection
- Explain the battery life and run time apart from Tritium/fiber optic
- Discuss holster selection and options
- Demonstrate and train live fire on multiple targets using a variety of Red Dot Optics