Pistol Operations – Idaho Falls, ID
Because the pistol remains the primary firearm for police work, this course focuses on the development of practical, close-quarters shooting skills that can save officers’ lives in real-world situations. Emphasis is placed on improving basic shooting skills through range sessions, then using these new-found abilities in high-energy, close-quarters, live fire exercises.
- Field stripping and basic maintenance
- Practice pistol safety and handling
- Accurately use a pistol to engage targets in Low Light conditions
- Accurately use a pistol to engage multiple targets
- Accurately use a pistol to engage moving targets and shoot while moving
- Perform tactical reloads and stoppage drills
- Perform weapons retention techniques
- Efficiently draw and fire the pistol
- Practice support hand shooting techniques
Duration: 3-Days (24-Hours)
Ammunition: 1,000 Rounds
Equipment Required: Pistol, duty belt (or tactical vest) with all issued gear, body armor, flashlight and handcuffs with key. Participants should come prepared to train in all weather conditions and should bring a hydration system or water bottle. Wraparound eye protection, ear protection, and brimmed hats will be worn during all live fire training. Participants should wear clothing suitable for training, but similar to garments worn while working.