- This event has passed.
Range Master – Kissimmee, FL
The Range Master has overall charge of the range. This position usually occupied by the most experienced Firearms Instructor. This course will further develop the Firearms Instructors’ knowledge in order to become a Range Master by expanding their skills in the safe and efficient management of a firearms range and training program.
- Review responsibilities of the Range Master
- Review range safety issues
- Review ammunition, ballistics, evaluation and selection
- Review, discuss, and manage environmental issues of indoor and outdoor ranges
- Develop and manage agency ranges
- Manage range logistics, implement inventory control, and resource allocation
- Select and design range targets and target systems
- Plan for and Respond to range emergencies
- Mitigate exposure to Range Hazards (Ear, Eye and Blood concerns)
- Implement realistic scenario based training
- Properly communicate with all audiences as a range master
- Integrate marking cartridges for force on target training
- Conduct safe live fire scenarios
- Develop department range policies and procedures
- Review Legal and Liability concerns for department ranges
- Review and analyze critical incidents
- Completed a recognized Firearms Instructor Course
- Completed the Range Master on-line program (part of this course)
Duration: 5-Days (40-Hours)
Ammunition: 600 Rounds Frangible
Equipment Required: Pistol with three magazines each. Duty belt (or tactical vest) with all issued gear, body armor, flashlight and handcuffs with key. Participants should come prepared to train in all weather conditions and should bring a hydration system or water bottle. Wraparound eye protection, ear protection, and brimmed hats will be worn during all live fire training. Participants should wear clothing suitable for training, but similar to garments worn while working.