- This event has passed.
#ResponderReadiness Workshop Series – Arlington Heights, IL
#ResponderReadiness Workshop (November 14th 0800-1200)
First responders work in a world that is filled with hours of calm and moments of chaos; couple this with everyday factors that touch our lives, and it is possible to lose our sense of purpose and drive. This course will focus on understanding the physiological and psychological effects of stress and job-related trauma on the body and identify tools that can increase long-term protective factors and optimize human performance under stress.
In this four-hour workshop facilitated by an experienced first responder, participants will engage in meaningful conversations about the stressful and often traumatic life of a first responder. Participants should expect to leave the workshop with a better understanding of how stress and trauma affect first responder performance and be equipped with techniques to build resilience and initiate difficult conversations.
- Describe stress and differentiate between two types.
- Recognize the effects of stress on performance.
- Initiate an #IWillListen/ #IWillTalk conversation.
- Identify at least five resources for officers in your agency.
- Prevention – A RANGE of Options
- Explore resilience and healthy habits.
- Employ a RANGE of five resilience skills.
#RANGEofResilience Workshop (November 14th 1300-1700)
First H.E.L.P.’s #RANGEofResilience addresses the need for a comprehensive, evidence-based approach to improving the health and resilience of first responders. The #RANGEofResilience easily integrates into any training domains. Its focus on movement, mindfulness, and mental skills can be applied to all First Responder Professions. The program can be adapted to fit the specific needs and challenges of each group, making it a flexible and customizable tool for promoting resilience and well-being. This workshop prepares trainers, educators, supervisors, and others to integrate resilience practices into a wide range of opportunities. Graduates of this program can use the provided lesson plan to train a 1-hour resilience training or divide the program into modules to provide as opportunity training.
- Explain the concept of RESILIENCE to first responders
- Explain and/or demonstrate the five skills of First H.E.L.P.’s RANGE of Resilience.
- Contextualize the practices of the RANGE of Resilience to effectively train resilience skills to members of your agency.
Duration: 4 hours
Course Restrictions: All First Responders of all ranks are encouraged to attend the #ResponderReadiness workshop. The #RANGEofResilience workshop is open to any first responder who trains or wants to train others on resilience skills.