Shoot House Instructor – Defiance, MO
Shoot house training provides officers with the ability to hone their shooting skills under realistic, high-stress conditions. This course offers instructors all the tools necessary to build a shoot house program and improve their fellow officers’ shooting skills.
- Identify, mitigate, and train others on safety issues in the shoot house
- Explain the responsibilities of the shoot house instructor
- Review and discuss Shoot House Program development
- Explore methods to integrate the range and the shoot house into cohesive training
- Discuss methods of working with tactical teams in the shoot house
- Participate in live fire shoot house exercises (as an instructor and participant)
Duration: 2-Days (16-Hours)
Ammunition: 200 Rounds Pistol
Equipment Required: Pistol, duty belt (or tactical vest) with all issued gear, body armor, flashlight and handcuffs with key. Participants should come prepared to train in all weather conditions and should bring a hydration system or water bottle. Wraparound eye protection, ear protection, and brimmed hats will be worn during all live fire training. Participants should wear clothing suitable for training, but similar to garments worn while working.