- This event has passed.
SWAT Operator – Havana, FL (CLOSED)
This course is focused on honing tactical team operational skills, working within the team environment, and creating situational awareness and survival skills in high-risk situations. While it is not mandatory to attend as part of a team, it is strongly recommended. Exercises will include Simunition® and active countermeasures, and the use of distraction devices. This is an intensive, rigorous and challenging entry-level course.
- Conduct tactical planning and concepts for tactical teams
- Utilize SWAT weapons techniques for pistol, submachine gun/ rifle and shotgun
- Conduct site approach and Forced Entry Techniques (Breaching)
- Conduct slow & deliberate, and Dynamic room clearing
- Execute active countermeasures and weapon retention
- Conduct practical exercises that focus on drug raids, high risk warrants and officer down
Duration: 5-Days (40-Hours)
Ammunition: 300 Rounds Pistol, 300 Rounds Submachine Gun or Rifle, 50 Rounds 00 Buck, 50 Rounds Skeet, 10 Rounds Slugs
Equipment Required: Pistol and rifle, shotgun, or submachine gun with three magazines each. Tactical duty gear with all issued gear, body armor, flashlight and handcuffs with key. Participants should come prepared to train in all weather conditions and should bring a hydration system or water bottle. Wraparound eye protection, ear protection, and brimmed hats will be worn during all live fire training. Participants should bring a helmet and wear clothing suitable for training, but similar to garments worn while working.