Tactical Ballistic Shield Instructor – Central Point, OR
Tactical Ballistic Shield Instructor
The tactical shield can be a very effective tool for tactical teams although many agencies fail to understand the full potential of this versatile piece of equipment. This course will explore the many uses of the tactical shield allowing the students to train in a variety of scenarios. The students will be able to select and develop techniques that will best work in their situation. This course includes written and practical test components.
- Train others on shield deployment tactics and equipment
- Train others on, “10 Shield Needs”
- Train others on shield mounting techniques
- Train others on individual shield shooting skills
- Train others on team shield stacking and shooting skills
- Train others on tactical rescue operations using ballistic shields
- Conduct a survey of shield types and ballistic shield use case study reviews
- Described shield materials ballistic performance
Duration: 3-Days (24-Hours)
Ammunition: 400 Rounds Pistol, 100 Rounds Long Gun
Equipment Required: Pistol and a Rifle or Shotgun, duty belt (or tactical vest) with all issued gear, body armor, flashlight and handcuffs with key. Participants should come prepared to train in all weather conditions and should bring a hydration system or water bottle. Wraparound eye protection, ear protection, and brimmed hats will be worn during all live fire training. Participants should wear clothing suitable for training, but similar to garments worn while working. Participant should also bring a ballistic Shield and back-up, support side pistol.